The Foreclosure Counseling Program (FCP) can provide you with extensive housing and financial counseling services that can help you save your home and become more financially stable. In addition, FCP agencies (such as HANDS) provide the following services as part of the Program:
- Assistance with developing a budget;
- Assistance with developing a financial action plan;
- Comprehensive financial management education;
- Assistance working with your lender regarding a mortgage loan modification to retain your home, or another alternative housing solution; and
- Credit counseling and assistance to help improve your credit score.